[Alpines] Battery chargers

awtiger awtiger at cox.net
Wed Sep 2 20:01:03 MDT 2009

Hey, fellas:

Got a question for those of you who use battery chargers.  I've got a couple
of "Battery Tender Plus" units for my Tiger and my Alpine.  I hooked them up
last night after having them off the cars for the last month and the one on
the Tiger did exactly what it was supposed to do.  The one on the Alpine,
however, still shows a steady red light (which, according to the instructions,
means the battery is not charged yet) and the unit is very hot to the touch.

I know for a fact that the battery was not that low on the Alpine.  I keep the
quick-connect charging pigtails on both cars at all times and nothing has
changed on either car since the last time they were on the chargers.  The
thing that worries me about it is the fact that the Alpine's charger is very
hot.  Is this normal?  I sure don't want to burn down my shop and the two
cars!!!!!

Thanks,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK