[Alpines] OFF TOPIC SNOW.....

Jan Eyerman jan.eyerman at usa.net
Sun Dec 20 13:39:50 MST 2009

The nice thing about an Alpine heater is how simple it is.... when the engine
heats up enough you toggle a lever on the dashboard that opens a water valve
into the heater core (kind of like a small radiator) and also opens various
flaps inside the heater to direct outside (cold) air either through the core
(for hot air) or bypasses it (for cooler air) or a little of both.  There is
also another flap that directs air to the windshield for defrosting.  The
only
problem is that the engine really doesn't produce enough heat in cold weather
to really warm up the inside of the car (especially without a hardtop!).

That is one reason why my Rootes cars spend the winter tucked away in
storage.

Jan Eyerman