[Alpines] Something I don't understand

Wiencek, Thomas wiencek at anl.gov
Fri Dec 18 08:16:17 MST 2009

"I first produced my Alpine and then produced my Rapier"-

Everyone knows that a rapier is a sword but few people know that an alpine is
UK slang for a small knife that is very expensive, hard to keep functional and
at times can be very painful.
:-)

While googling this, I found this list.  How many Alpines have you been to?
It would make a great summer trip to take photos of your Alpine in all the
Alpines.

United States

    * Alpine, Alabama
    * Alpine, Alaska
    * Alpine, Arizona
    * Alpine, California, in San Diego County
    * Alpine, Los Angeles County, California
    * Alpine, Mendocino County, California
    * Alpine (former settlement), California, in Los Angeles County
    * Alpine County, California
    * Alpine, Indiana
    * Alpine Township, Michigan
    * Alpine, New Jersey