[Alpines] [Tigers] Drop Spindles

Carl McLelland carlynneracing at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 17 20:04:49 MST 2009

Raise the spindle height so the front of the car sits lower. Another
alternative that I did on my old S1 race car was to drill out the rivets in
the coil spring buckets, lower the bocket then weld it into place. Lowers the
front without altering the suspension geometry. a block of aluminum between
the rear leaf springs and axle tube to lower the rear and the car is back in
symmetry. To make the lever shocks work good, a 50/50 misture of 15wt
motorcycle fork tube oil and STP. A good handling Alpine at minimum cost.