[Alpines] Holbay head

rootesrooter at aol.com rootesrooter at aol.com
Sun Dec 13 22:40:32 MST 2009

Dear Mr. Tiger,

You may be able to narrow the odds that your buddy has your Holbay head on his
S2, IF he gave the shop a stock S2 head to begin with.

The spark plus holes on the Holbay head should be recessed pockets, rather
than the cylindrical tubes found on Series I thru late-Series V. Also, the S2
head will have the threaded fitting at the back of the head for the pipe that
feeds water to the inlet manifold. The same area on the Holbay head should be
blanked off completely, with no threaded fitting (like S1-2) or even a large
bolt screw, like on most Series IV-V heads.  In that case, your buddy would
probably have no pipe anymore to the now-blocked off water inlet on the Zenith
manifold, which means he should have known it wasn't his head he picked up.
Hopefully - not the case.