[Alpines] Holbay head

Tony Somebody achd73 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 13:03:51 MST 2009

I have a chane to buy a Holbay head  and want to use it on the 1725 Im
rebuilding for my S5. Although I do have a couple of nice Alpines (my opinion
of course) I have more Tiger knowledge,but w/ OD, my\this S5 was a ton of fun
and it had great hiway speed, except with the 18 wheeler problem, it kept
wanting to pass them at a high rate of speed. To bad the speedo cable was
broken in half, I might have slowed down. NEways, is there any problems using
the Holbay head Im unaware of? Im installing a cam reccomended by Jim Ellis. I
had a relly nice stock head I spent hours porting and then sent out to have a
pro finish it BUT the machine shop says I picked it up- funny I left the
block. I think my buddies S2 has my head on the engine I sold him, as his
mechanic had the engine and head in the same machine shop. If he ever blows a
head gasket I will know for sure. LOL
Thanks ahead of time for any help I may receive and happy Holidays to all.
TonytheTiger