[Alpines] brake problem

£auri lehtinen.lauri at kolumbus.fi
Wed Dec 31 15:18:59 MST 2008

Did 67 Alpines have auto adjust system?

Larry

Lauri Lehtinen
journalist, engineer
mobile: +358 (0) 400 851988

-----Alkuperdinen viesti-----
Ldhettdjd: alpines-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:alpines-bounces at autox.team.net] Puolesta Bill Mounce
Ldhetetty: 30. joulukuuta 2008 23:46
Vastaanottaja: Alpine Discussion Group
Kopio: 'RICHARD FRITZ'
Aihe: [Alpines] brake problem

Happy New Year to all:

I picked up my 67 Alpine from a friend who finished off the wiring and
interior.  Looks great, just about finished, one or two problems that
can
wait for spring.  One that can't, however, is a brake problem I
encountered
on my way home.  After about 15 miles, I found that when I clutched to
shift, the car slowed down!  I then noticed when on a hill with no hand
brake and in neutral, the car would not roll.  I pulled over and think I
saw
smoke from the passenger rear brake; I could be wrong.  However, with
the
car off, the brake lights were on.  After about 20 minutes the brake
lights
went off and the car rolled again.  I drove about 3 miles home and
parked
it.

I know how to wring out the braking system, but before I start, are
there
any usual suspects?  Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Bill Mounce

Easton, PA
Alpines at autox.team.net