[6pack] Tach cable grommet installation?

Yahoo brucesimms2003 at yahoo.ca
Sun Sep 3 11:57:35 MDT 2023

New tach cable and the 1 inch rubber grommet for the firewall from TRF.    How to get the grommet on the cable?   Do I make a slit to expand the hole in the rubber  or do I have to slit all the way through?   I could maybe dip the grommet in hot water and stretch the cable through the grommet, but likely not the wider knurled retainer on the cable?As well, do I lightly lube the inner cable before installation?
    Advice appreciated  Thank you, Bruce Simms

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android