[6pack] hood latch issue

James_ jattr6 at hotmail.com
Fri May 20 20:20:53 MDT 2022

Sounds like the release spring needs adjusting. Which is a pain as well, my hood pops up if I hit a bump. Still trying to find the sweet spot.

On May 20, 2022, at 6:48 PM, dave northrup <dave at ranteer.com> wrote:

1972 Triumph TR6

I have a backup hood release but that’s not the issue

If you only pull either the regular or backup release, nothing really happens and you cannot open the hood after that.  BUT if you also attempt to pry (or is that prise?) the hood open at the same time, it comes open.

In other words, the hood opens fine, from either the regular hood release, or the backup release, IF and only IF, you pry a finger under the hood and give it a little help.

Now I won’t argue – this is a pretty great theft deterrent as I usually disconnect the battery while its parked.  But it’s a royal PITA and I’d really like to fix it.

Thoughts???

Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

6pack at autox.team.net