[6pack] Tr6 top

im sloane im_sloane at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 29 08:06:30 MST 2020

Hey all, While we're discussing tops (and not much else) I'll mention a modification we made on my brother's top. I've never understood why TR6's only have 3 snaps per side but Spitfire's have 4 snaps. On a TR6 it's difficult to fold the quarter windows in without folding the corner just a bit, which is where they first begin to tear away from the top material. We simply put 4 snaps on my brother's 73 TR6 and his top folds perfectly on the top material between the quarters and rear window.  Also, just as a habit, I always unzip and lower the rear window before putting down the top. I wonder how many folks do the same.

YMMV,
Sloane
69-Six
72-Spit