[6pack] Off Topic stuff

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Sun Dec 29 10:01:09 MST 2019

For the most part, none of the Team Net lists these days suffers from an
overwhelming flow of emails.  Back in the day some of the bigger lists,
though, it was a different story.  For example, the SCCA Solo II
Nationals are held early September, and the autocross list often saw 3 -
4 dozen messages *per day* in the weeks leading up to that event.  I was
a busy list admin back then.

But now things are more mellow, some off topic chatter isn't that bad.
Sure, some folks might frown upon it, and it shouldn't be allowed to get
out of hand.  I much prefer that I don't have to step in as Team Net
Supreme Overlord and whack anyone's pee pee.

Years ago I did set up a list I called the-local.  [
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo ]  It was intended for off topic
chatter, stuff you'd chatter about with your mates while raising a pint
down at your local.  If you wanted to rave about last night's sunset,
warn folks to shy away from a really skanky new beer, or brag about how
that beef wellington you cooked for your spouse's birthday was the best
ever, the-local was the list for that.  It never did really catch on, I
wish it had.  Could be a fun distraction with your friends from the
various other lists.

Best wishes for the coming new year,

mjb.