[6pack] TR6 and Nissan pickup update

Alex & Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Sat Dec 28 18:23:13 MST 2019

Rick – Your posts are great! Keep them coming. This time of the year tends to warrant any type of incentive for us to work on our cars and other mechanical oddities such as farm tractors, etc. With the advent of including pictures now, (Thanks to Mark B.) I have picked up a lot of hints about our hobby.

Thanks.

Alex Thomson

’71 GT6

’73 TR6

’39 John Deere B ( 2 cyl.)

’41 John Deere B (2 cyl.)

’52 John Deere 50 (now completely apart for transmission bearing replacements) (190 cubic inch – 2 cyl.) Randle Young used to have or drive one of these.

’59 John Deere 730 Diesel (376 cubic inch – 2 cyl.)

’52 Case VAC (4 cyl.)

’08 John Deere 5425 (276 cubic inch – 4 cyl.) Turbo

’77 John Deere 4230 (404 cubic inch – 6 cyl.)

’88 John Deere 4250 (466 cubic inch – 6 cyl.) Turbo. There’s no replacement for displacement.

And there are at least 5 more!