[6pack] TR6 and Nissan pickup update

Richard Lindsay richardolindsay at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 18:12:54 MST 2019

Hello friends,
   I made a little progress today on both the TR6 and the Nissan pickup.
Both are improving in baby steps. Here are those from steps from today.
   The pickup is so easy to repair. This morning I used my plastic
upholstery trim tools and removed the bits up the windscreen sides and
those at the top of the B pillar. With those out, the old droopy headliner
lifted out the driver's door without argument! Easy peasy.
   Tomorrow I will brush away the foam remains of the old headliner and
maybe even attach the new cloth. Pictures to follow if I get that far.
   Also this morning I cemented down the hidden edges of the rear wheel
arch upholstery. To fit those pieces over the padded arches, I needed to
secure the hidden edges in order to pull the upholstery snugly over the
complex  curves of the arches. See attached picture.
   The lower edge of the upholstery will get cemented to the rear deck and
hidden by the deck carpet. The sides will receive upholstery cards hiding
the just cemented arch upholstery.

Rick