[6pack] PDW Switch

im sloane im_sloane at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 1 06:25:04 MDT 2017

I've had cars that had a bolt inserted into where the switch goes to prevent a leak and cars that had it totally removed and brake line couplings f-f, b-b installed. Anything to keep the fluid from leaking, but of course in none of these configurations did the break warning light work. I would think the repair kit would be worth a try.

Sloane 😊

69-Six

72-Spit

________________________________

Lists – I know I saw some discussion several months back about repairing/replacing the brake Pressure Differential Warning switch. Naturally, it was not an issue with me then and I didn’t save the responses. At any rate, there is brake fluid leaking out of the actual switch that screws into the PDW block. I noticed that Moss has new ones (aluminum) for $439 and repair kits for the older brass units (such as ours) for $13. Any thoughts on the best avenue to take? Has anyone simply eliminated the assembly and connected the brake lines with couplings, front-to-front and back-to-back? The subject is a ’73 TR6. Thanks.

Alex Thomson
Support Team.Net<http://Team.Net> http://www.team.net/donate.html
www.team.net<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
www.team.net
The Team.Net email, archive, ftp and web services are run on a part time volunteer basis. There are out of pocket expenses involved in the network connection, name ...

Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Team.Net Archives<http://www.team.net/archive>
www.team.net
Team.Net Archives. Archives listed from most recently updated to oldest updated.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

6pack at autox.team.net<mailto:6pack at autox.team.net>