[6pack] Fw: Damaged top

im sloane im_sloane at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 13 10:40:21 MDT 2016

Hi guys,

Don't let this hi-jack the original question, but regarding Larry's comment below: Thirty years ago I put a new top on mine and although it's still on the car, it has the same issues in the original poster's question, separating on both rear corners. Ten years ago I put a new top on my brother's 73 TR6. Ever noticed that TR6s only have 3 snaps on each side, but Spitfire's have 4 snaps each? We made a very simple modification and put 4 snaps on his. Top always folds in between the corner and rear window and the windows still look brand new. The top boot goes on much easier too with the top nicely folded flat on thy vinyl not the plastic.

Sloane
69 Six
72 Spit