[6pack] Thrust Washers (yeah, I know…)

Douglas Morris dcmdcm at nc.rr.com
Wed Aug 3 16:45:05 MDT 2016

Anybody have any sage advice about the best way to deal with the loss of the rear-most thrust washer and the resultant scarring?
Yeah, I did a web search; and it looks like this is a known issue.
Now, I’m looking for an approach that doesn’t require pulling the engine.

So far, it appears that I can weld-up and mill the cap areas that support the washer legs (could use a pointer to spec dimensions),
install alloy washers, then sacrifice a goat and hope the new washers will bed into the block adequately to drive for a while,
at least long enough so I don’t have to yank the engine until winter.

Anyone? Beuller?

Doug Morris, NC
74 TR-6