[6pack] Water leaking from frame

mjmullin at juno.com mjmullin at juno.com
Sat Oct 24 06:06:07 MDT 2015

Hi everyone:  I too, am glad to see the recent activity on the email list, so I thought I'd chime in with a story of my own.  I was loosening my left inside trailing arm bracket bolts recently to remove an alignment shim, and water started dripping out of my frame.....kind of puzzling until I remembered the hours of rain I drove thru on my way to the Trials last month.  The car was jacked up on the left and tilted to the right, so I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the trailing arm cross member near the driveshaft end and more water came out...about a quarter cup total.  It looks like there's a hole on the forward facing part of the cross member that lets water in from road spray, but no hole on the bottom to let water out.  No wonder these things rusted out early and often!  I drilled the right cross member but no water came out.  I blew it out with compressed air and plan to soak the inside of the cross member with WD-40, and after that a mixture of used gear oil and WD-40.  I'll place tape over the forward-facing hole in preparation for the next rain event.   Matt Mullin
Just booked your vacation?
This plan provides insurance coverage that only applies during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this policy with yo
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/562b749bf1c8b749b23fdst02vuc