[6pack] Inner Tie-Rod Ends

Douglas Morris dcmdcm at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 20 23:49:11 MDT 2015

Alignment guy says my “inner tie-rod ends” are too sloppy to do a front-end alignment.
(Recently replaced outer tie-rod ends, front-suspension bushings, and tires, so it’s alignment time.)

Question:
Before I start knuckle-busting, is it likely that I’ll need to replace the ball as well as the socket, or is the socket designed to be sacrificial (wears out first)?
Sure, I can order both parts, but I know I’ll never get around to returning the ball rods if I don’t need ‘em, an’ ‘em things ain’t cheap.

A little quick advice would not go unappreciated.

Doug Morris, NC
’74 TR6, CF-183xx-UO