[6pack] Transmission or clutch issues

Dale Katzfey dkatzfey at woh.rr.com
Tue Oct 20 15:22:36 MDT 2015

Here is my problem which I need some guidance.  When I start in the
morning everything works fine.  I can put the car in reverse without any
problems.  I can up or down shift easily.  As things warm up, it gets
harder and harder to shift gears.  It is almost like the clutch is not
going far enough especially into first or second.  Even when I double
clutch it.  When I try to put it in reverse, it grinds. //I can get it
into reverse but it does not want to go there.  If I turn off the engine
and start up with the clutch depressed, it will work without grinding.

I made sure I had the DOT 5 fluid up to full.  I got an adjustable link
connector between the slave and clutch and have lengthened that out
quite a bit without success.  Transmission oil was low, so I filled that.

What do you think?  My regular mechanic thinks it is the clutch, but why
does it work when cold?  HELP!

Dale
1974 TR6