[6pack] Can't pull cam from block

Lee Daniels lee at automate-it.com
Mon Oct 12 09:38:36 MDT 2015

I have an old TR6 block in unknown condition but no visible damage or cracks.
I think it's from a '73. Mostly stripped down but head still attached and
pistons/rods in place. Crank and essentially everything else removed. Valves
are still in place (since head is on) but rockers/pushrods removed. I've got
it upside-down on an engine stand, and thought I'd just pull the camshaft out.
It moves out about 1/4", then hits a hard stop - what's it hitting? It spins
freely and moves in and out freely until it hits the stop.

thanks
 Lee