[6pack] Painting advice

Tom Lofgren tom.lofgren at stanfordalumni.org
Tue Jan 13 00:24:46 MST 2015

James,

My son and I are just finishing repainting a 240Z in base coat/clear coat.
We used Dupont Chromabase, which is a high quality paint with Nason (lower
cost Dupont product) primers underneath.  Just the material cost was about
$1500.  You didn't say how much Maaco was going to charge you, but I would
be asking lots of questions if it's not at least a couple thousand.

I have heard stories about good shops that have the "cheap" shop names, and
yours could be one of them.  They are indeed all different.

Good luck!
Tom