[6pack] Carb tuning

James_ jattr6 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 11:36:24 MDT 2014

Update.
Finally found time to play with the carbs.
They stall out when lifting the damper. So I my the needle richer.
(1976 carbs)
The sync tool measures very different between the carbs. High number on the rear and lower on the front.
That has always been an issue to get a proper reading exact between the two.
The idle screw is very close to being out on the rear to help decrease the sync number.
I have replaced throttle shafts and bushings on the carbs but I wonder if I have an air leak somewhere.
Should I spray carb cleaner in spots to check for leaks. I seem to recall something like that to check.

Idle is actually quite high. About 1300. Otherwise it feels like it wants to stall out. Ugh.
Maybe I just find a place in Portland to have someone check this thing out. And tune it up for me.
Going mad chasing the demons.

bSent from my Atari 2600b