[6pack] TR6 Hardtop value

Gene Holtzclaw motrv8d at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 30 18:33:41 MST 2014

If you wanted a honest opinion, I'd say put the hardtop on your watch list,
and wait, unless you really see a "need" for one. As in a driver that you
drive in the winter, or a lot in the summer. I don't know about everybody
else, but I haven't had my hardtop on in 5+ years, and only then because my
soft top needed replacing, and I didn't want to at the time

Dennis Culligan <dctr6 at optonline.net> wrote:

Robert Fabie wrotw:

>A fully restorable (not restored) factory steel TR6/250/4 top could easily
fetch $1500-$2000. This assumes all the small >bits and pieces (like
interior vents and chrome moldings) are in place, including all the hardware
needed to attach the top >to the car. This also assumes no rust-through on
the metal.

>>James_ <jattr6 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> What do folks think a decent price would be for a restored factory
hardtop?

   OK, next question - what's an original TR6 hardtop worth?  Yes, I
understand

the fact that finding a hardtop in the same color as your car (and with the
same

amount of sun fade, etc.) is quite remote, but an original top with all the
trim,

glass and headliner plus all the attaching h/w should be worth some premium.

   Yes, I do have one but I'm not inclined to sell it at this time (it's a
rather

rare color, Tahiti Blue). I presume it's potentially worth more with the car
than

without.

Dennis Culligan, Highland, NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U

(hard top was last on the car in June of 1989)
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

6pack at autox.team.net