[6pack] Need Advice - Removing Window Frame

Ken Davis ken at azkiwis.com
Sun May 4 09:33:31 MDT 2014

After 5 years or so of 'going to do it, one day' I've started on a redo of
the once-reliable 73 TR6.    Gonna be a fair-to-good paint job and a new
interior.  Arizona sun can destroy everything...

For the most part, removal of trim and items are going reasonably well, with
the exception of the front window frame.   The book is remarkably sparse on
instructions and advice -- 4 or 5 'easy' steps.

I have the pillar bolts underneath  removed. The bolts across the dash are
out.  The 3 screws holding the alignment /mount are loosened.

And it won't budge.  I can rock it a bit back and forth, but cannot lift
/move it up.  I suspect the mounting rods and the tubes have rusted
themselves together, effectively welding it in place. I've been working it
for a few hours over each of the last few days, and no progress to report.

Any ideas, pointers, BTDT advice that will help me out -- I'd sure
appreciate it...

Thanks

Ken
73 TR6 o/d