[6pack] VIN tag

James_ jattr6 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 22:58:53 MST 2014

Yea. I am restoring the original frame with the correct vin plate. And then put on new vinyl and glass.

I don't think in Maryland they ever checked the vin. When I bought the car 22 years ago. But oregon, they do. And to top it off I have to pay $7 for them to do it!
As I understand it, DMV has no way to check for stolen vehicles. Recently a jag e-type was found after 32 years from when it was stolen. And the only way it got found was because it was sold to someone overseas and was checked at the port authorities.

Oregon has to be one of the most backward ass places with some things and then so dang strict on others. Eg.: I can register a car that spills toxic fluids and falling apart but as long as it passes emissions (1975 and newer) all is good.

So how were you able to reattach the WS vin? When I took the one off the spare frame I noticed there was no way to use pop rivets to reattach. No room inside the frame.