[6pack] MUFFLER REPLACEMENT

Gene Holtzclaw motrv8d at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 21 07:23:37 MDT 2013

I took the custom route, and it was far less than buying and installing
myself. I even had a muffler go bad after about 10 years, and the same shop
replaced both mufflers for a little over 100.00 best I remember, a couple of
years ago

Robert <trsix74 at comcast.net> wrote:

"I'm looking at a new muffler for a '76 TR 6.  I know there has been a lot
of discussion regarding the noise level of the free flow exhaust system and
I think the stainless steel.  I'm just looking for a standard replacement
muffler.  I see Moos has a mild steel for $170.00, but it looks like TRF
only offers the stainless steel option.  Any opinions?
One more thing, if I take it to a muffler shop for installation, should I
buy the pipes along with the muffler, or let the muffler shop bend the
pipes?"

Get the whole thing in mild steel from Moss. You will have the exact fit and
the correct bends and securing tabs. The stainless is nice but noisy and
after a while of driving you'll be glad you did not buy the stainless. Just
my two cents worth.

6pack at autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive