[6pack] [TR] Roll bar and tonneau.

Italyfound italyfound at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 23:27:47 MDT 2013

Hi Tom,

I will be approaching this situation shortly on my 59 TR3A.

My thoughts on locating the hole alignment is a little different.

My roll bar  can be easy installed and removed because the brackets that
hold it are welded to the frame with the mounts coming through the floor now
located under the rear seat.

Which in your case may require you to remove the bar after it is installed.

My approach will be to installed the bar and once in place run two string
lines from side to side of the TR3 each string lying against the front and
rear of the two posts of the roll bar. The ends of each line with be marked
on the outside body panels of the car. In addition marks via masking tape
will set the marks to each side of the bar on each string line where they
meet the roll bar.

At this point I will have located 12 marks....2 on each side of the car for
each string line end and 4 marks along each string where it comes in contact
with the roll bar.

I will than remove the bar and set and fix the tonneau on the car. Once in
place I will run my strings lines across the top of the tonneau placing each
end on the marks on the side of the car. At this point the 8 roll bar marks
on the string will be on top of the tonneau and give me exact marks where
the bar will ultimately pass through the cover.

So that's my plan and I am sticking to it....Just another viewpoint that may
help you come up with your own solution.....

Alex Manzo
59 TR3A
72 TR6
00 Fiat Barchetta

PS....all residing in Italy including the driver....