[6pack] Clutch Pedal Pressure

John VanNorman jsvannorman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 12:45:57 MDT 2013

The first time I drove my TR6 this year after winter storage I noticed that my
clutch pedal had no pressure. But after pumping it a bit, I finally got
pressure and was off and running. Didn't have any problem thereafter.
Fast forward to Saturday night - getting ready to take it out for our Buckeye
Triumph Night Rally. I've been pretty busy this summer and didn't get to drive
her for about a month and a half. Again, noticed that my clutch pedal had no
pressure, but was able to pump it up with no signs of trouble thereafter.

So what can it be? I checked the fluid level and it looks fine. No sign of
fluid loss in the engine bay or underneath the car either. I double checked
and when I had no pressure, the slave clyinder arm wouldn't move, so I know it
isn't anything inside the bell housing that is loose (plus, I have the
throughout bearing fork double pinned). Air in the line maybe? Other
thoughts?

John V.

1974 1/2 TR6