[6pack] rear shocks and vibration

Jeff Fetner FETNERJ001 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jul 27 19:06:00 MDT 2013

Aloha Dave,

  I would get a vibration at around that speed and it turned out a shock has
leaked fluid to the point that the rear trailing arm was vibrating at speed.
Filling it up fixed it...until it leaked low enough to start again.  I kept
refilling until I got a set of rebuilt shocks.

  You could try pulling the wheel, filling the shock through the filer plug
with motorcycle fork oil (or engine oil in a pinch) and see if that cures
it.  Sounds like you need new shocks anyway; mine was leaking at the seal
where the arm goes into the body.

Jeff
74.5 & 75 TR6