[6pack] Alignment Sanity Check

Tomislav Marincic tomislav.marincic at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 3 17:43:16 MDT 2013

Thanks to all who replied.

I spent a busy day under my car

I removed all 8 shims from the lower wishbones in front, per Kevin Andrews
suggestion. This should give me = degree less negative camber in front,
which would put me in spec. (By the way, is the wishbone bracket to frame
attachment torque really just 20-25 ft-lbs? It seemed awfully low, compared
to the rear brackets.)

I took one shim out of the right outboard trailing arm bracket and put it in
front of the left outboard bracket. That should reduce or eliminate my right
toe-out and reduce my left toe-in.

I turned all the trailing arm bracket adjusters counterclockwise, working my
way from left to right, by 1,4,10,and 7 turns. In theory, this should add
3/4 of a degree of camber to the rear, and lower the right side of the car.

Unfortunately, I took the car out for a drive, and after the suspension
settled, the right rear was = HIGHER than before. Ill have to review the
instructions that come with the Goodparts brackets, because I seem to have
screwed it up.

Anyway, Im back to the alignment rack tomorrow, so well see what happened.

Cheers, Tom

All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way.
People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes,
and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome.
 <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/georgeorwe164069.html> George
Orwell