[6pack] Connecting Rods with Relief Holes

Robert M. Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Thu Dec 20 09:58:12 MST 2012

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012, Richard Seaton wrote:

> I'd suggest,If not going over 150hp, then the stock rods will be fine.

Don't forget the factory CP cars were 150 HP in stock form.

> I thought I read the late rods were better??? I must be mistaken.

I've had some lengthy discussions with JK Jackson about this and he was,
adamant that early rods are the better choice.

I believe the reason that the early rods are better is that they don't
start out with a huge stress riser drilled into the rod at the spot where
the stresses all converge.

But I've been wrong before.

;-)

rml