[6pack] Annoying Bucking/Stumble

brian at asmoothmove.biz brian at asmoothmove.biz
Mon Apr 9 07:44:03 MDT 2012

Hi guys,

Maybe some of you have a remedy for a problem that annoys me.

When my engine is at operating temperature, the car will buck several times
when applying part throttle, under load, in 3rd, 4th or overdrive. It does
not do this when cold, nor if I down-shift. The carbs were re-built by
Paltech last year - air valves don't seem to be opening prematurely and I
have the proper oil in the dashpots. The plugs (clean), cap and condenser
are newer, wires OK, points clean, new rotor installed. Timing is dead on at
12BTDC when the retard is plugged off. Stock cam/exhaust and 10.1
compression - recent cylinder head rounding/polishing to eliminate pinging
(which it did).

Any ideas out there would be greatly appreciated.

Brian J. Alwin
1972 TR-6
CC79085