[6pack] {6pack} TR-6 Drivability

Dennis Culligan dctr6 at optonline.net
Sun Apr 1 14:07:35 MDT 2012

Bill Wellbaum <wcwellbaum at cox.net> wrote:

>Can anyone recommend a company that can rebuild the TR-6 Distributor to
eliminate the wobble in the main shaft?

Bill  -

   Others have said it, I'll say it too.  Jeff at
www.advanceddistributors.com  is the guy.  I sent him the specs of my motor
(which was rebuilt 10

years ago and has all of the pollution control stuff removed) and he
rebuilt/recurved my distributor. I am only now realizing the performance
gains I should have gotten when the motor was rebuilt. It runs like a
scalded cat and, best of all, the persistent miss I had between 2400 - 3000
rpm is GONE!

I can now toddle around at 55 mph in 4th gear and not have to downshift.

Dennis Culligan, Highland, NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U