[6pack] wiring question

im sloane im_sloane at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 23 06:46:00 MDT 2011

Hi Andrew,

I'm comparing the schematic's for your 68 & my 69. It's an interesting
difference. It looks like on the 69 the blue/white from the switch sends 12v
to the high-beams & indicator when you pull back on the switch (flash the high
beams) bypassing the dimmer switch on the floor, so it doesn't matter if the
dimmer is on high or low, the high's flash.

It looks to me like the 250's light switch isn't suppose to be able to flash
the high beams, thus only has twin solid blue wires. But if you have a TR6
switch, and have a blue/white with no where to connect, if you ran it to the
blue/white on the dimmer switch, you'd have the flash-high circuit connected.

By the way, on the 69 the lights will not work with the key off, except the
flash-the-highs which does work with the key off. When I put the new wiring
harness on mine, the flash-the-highs really surprised me, as it had never
worked before and I didn't know it could.

Hope that helps,
Sloane :)
69-Six