[6pack] fuel pump-revisited

Jim Berg jberg at bepc.com
Wed Sep 14 06:28:14 MDT 2011

List, I proceeded to remove the fuel pump after work last night.  Used a
hemostat to crimp the fuel line below the filter.  (Received many tips on that
by the way)  Removed the fuel line to carb, bone dry.  Removed the line from
the tank, fuel present.  I took off the pump and found that the arm that fits
in the block and rides on the cam was not attached to the pump!  The pin that
holds the arm in the pump and spring had somehow worked their way loose.
Anyway, refit the pin and other needed parts, refit the pump and she runs like
a top again.  I never would have guessed that one.