[6pack] I think my coil died

Erik Sulcs aktifspeed at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 13:25:54 MDT 2011

John,

The symptoms you describe are the same for when fuel is percolating in the
carbs when under hood temps get real hot.  I installed a heat shield below
the carbs to somewhat protect them from my exhaust header heat.  This only
mitigated the problem, but did not solve the issue of the fuel basically
boiling in the carbs and causing the carbs to stall the engine especially at
idle.  The problem usually does not occur at higher revs.  I'm also wrapping
my headers to try and bring the temps down near the carbs, but I'm not sure
that will fix the stalling problem either.

Erik S.