[6pack] Help me understand my fuel pump

Bruce Simms brucesimms2003 at yahoo.ca
Sun Sep 11 21:22:05 MDT 2011

Replacement mechanical fuel pump from Moss 3 years ago, very few miles.   Car
died the other night.   See through fuel filter was dirty.

Top and screen
off pump.  Cleaned out bottom, but didn't look that bad.   Cracked line at
outlet hose.  No fuel getting out on either hand pumping   or when I crank it
over on the starter.  No pressure needed to use the hand pump.  doesn't feel
right.

Cracked fuel inlet hose.  Fuel drained out of hose until I plugged
it.  Some fuel in bottom of pump.  Guage shows tank 3/4 full.

What to do
next?  I have the original pump and a TRF rebuild kit.   Only reason I took
original pump off was it was leaking out the top.

Thank you,
Bruce Simms
73
TR6