[6pack] Tire info request

Bill anabil007 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 12 10:41:29 MST 2011

Don't know if this will help, but Tirerack.com lists  turns per mile
on all their tires ... I put 205/70/15  on the TR6 ... those redlines
were 13 years old, and we have given up on Judged Concours ... too
much work for us Old Folks ... Michelin Hydroedge ... 26.1", 797
turns per mile.
Fill the wheel wells nicely, no rubbing on anything, and great grip.

Seems like a 205-5516 would only be a 24.9" OD tire. You'd have to learn to
live with the % speedo error and the odometer racking-up more miles than
you've actually traveled....

I am still searching for that 'perfect' 16" tire fit and I was curious how
big a tire the wheel well could handle without fender rub or ball-joint-bolt
interference, using 16" tires. I wonder if a 225-55-16 tire would fit, if I
used wheel spacers.... The section width (9.2") may be too wide but it has a
25.8" OD which is closer to stock .... Wish it was possible to try tires on
like shoes! LOL!

Cheers,

Dave

--
"Thinking is the hardest work there is. That's why so few people
undertake it." - Henry Ford