[6pack] Theoretical Clutch / Tranny Question

Robert M. Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Tue Jun 28 15:10:50 MDT 2011

Hi,

Well, the diagnosis was:

1. The spigot bush was def. hanging up in the bore, so there was friction
there.

BUT

2. the clutch disk was stuck to the flywheel!

I removed the pressure plate and the clutch disk stayed firmly in place.
When I pried it off, there was a pattern of clutch material on the
flywheel.

Looks like I might have put the clutch together too soon after I'd hosed
the flywheel friction surface down with brake-kleen and that resulted in
material ADHESION between the two parts.

Everything works "a treat" now.

I might take the car down from the jack stands and to some burnouts in the
driveway tonite... just to piss off the neighbors. Last night, I played my
electric bass 'till midnight, jtpotn).

:-)

rml