[6pack] Upper Crash Pad Installation

Corbitt, Michael Michael_Corbitt at ous.edu
Sat Jun 25 11:07:21 MDT 2011

I have a couple of questions about replacing the upper crash pad on my 69
TR6.

The Bentley manual calls for applying adhesive S758 to the mating surfaces of
the crash pad and bulkhead panel.  Will 3M Super Trim Adhesive work or is
there a better recommendation?  The crash pad I removed did not appear to be
installed with any kind of adhesive.

When refitting the windshield frame, Bentley calls for a Seal-a-strip between
the rubber gasket and the scuttle panel.  When I removed the windshield frame
some kind of sealant was there that had the look and consistency of rope
caulk.  I've used this stuff around the house for sealing doors and windows
and thought about using it for this application.  Any recommendation here?
Are these Seal-a-strips still available?

Also, is it recommended to put sealant between the rubber gasket and the
windshield frame?  None was there.  I never had leaks in the past although I
was only in rain a few times.

Mike
Corvallis, Oregon