[6pack] Convertible Top

im sloane im_sloane at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:10:14 MDT 2011

I put a Robbins on mine in 86. No garage at that time, but now garaged since
90. The windows are a little cloudy and the corner windows are pulled away
from the top at the rear/bottom corners, but other than that it looks too good
to replace, expecially when I keep it down so much. Vinyl material is nice and
black.

We put a Robbins on my brother's in 2006, and made one change from original.
We noticed that Spitfire's have 4 snaps on each side, Six's only have 3. My
corner windows busted out because of the fold right on that bottom corner. We
put an extra snap on each side, not changing the placement, but turning the
outboard first screws on the plate that bolts to the body on each side into
snaps. So his top folds nicely between the rear and corner windows, never
folding the windows.

Sloane :)
69-Six