[6pack] Firewall heater connection

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Mon Jun 20 12:38:51 MDT 2011

Andrew---If...this is the double hose fitting that's in the passenger footwell, and you need to drive the car, you could bi-pass it. Connect the hose coming out of the heater shutoff valve back into the tube that goes behind the manifold.
If this is the double hose fitting that's in the engine bay (the one with the long tube that runs behind the manifolds) it could be blanked off by putting a plug in the tube to the waterpump housing, and another at the pipe at the back end of the intake maniold.  The engine may not run as well at low speed with no (hot) water passing thru the intake, but this'll get you where you want to go.
There are other variations to the above, but you get the idea.

Dick