[6pack] Torque Spec for non-stock wheels

Ruffner, James A *HS JAR7U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Thu Jun 16 14:15:20 MDT 2011

The torque specs are for the nut and stud combination and unless you are
running magnesium or aluminum wheels, it does not matter.  BMW for example,
which uses aluminum wheels as a rule, specs at 75 or 90 ft-lb.  Basically stud
diameters are pretty much the same on both cars.  The real issue there is that
if over torqued you ruin the rim by deforming the hole.  I know that Isusu had
some really stupid studs that were very easily deformed if over torqued, but
they were very weird.