[6pack] Hard Starting New SU6 Carbs

David Fidler djfidler at rogers.com
Thu Jul 14 17:55:47 MDT 2011

Steve,

The choke is there for a reason, to add gas when you start the car and for a
while afterwards, while the engine warms up. Trying to hurry this process is
counterproductive. 5 mins on choke is about right (longer if it's a cold day).
If your other cars require less choke, they're probably running too rich.

Best regards,

David (Fid).

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 14, 2011, at 5:22 PM, daybell7 at aol.com wrote:

> TR6'ers,
>
> My car needs full choke to start and must run for 5 minutes or so before I
can
> close the choke.  It starts when I stop cranking the starter.  I have new
SU6