[6pack] PDWA switch leak

David Friedlander forzion7 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 20:33:54 MDT 2011

Cool! I should have remembered that as I rebuilt the PDWA just 3-4 years
ago. Seems 'early' for the o-rings to fail. I know they make o-rings out of
many different rubber compounds.So, because of the 'early' failure, I now
suspect I may have used a correct o-ring size when I last rebuilt the PDWA
but perhaps the WRONG O-RING MATERIAL.

For those interested, see the first chart here, for compatibility of static
and
dynamic seal materials used with brake fluids:

http://www.efunda.com/designstandards/oring/oring_chemical.cfm?SM=none&SC=Brake%20Fluid

I may go with teflon rings, this time.....

Thanks to all for your inputs!

Dave
'74 Six