[6pack] PDWA switch leak

David Friedlander forzion7 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 19:11:50 MDT 2011

Hey team ~

I noticed my brake pedal getting lower, of late. Each time I went for a
drive I noted it
was a bit softer pedal. Now I'm at the point of saying I'm not driving ther
car until I
figure it out. Tried to bleed the brakes but kept getting bubbles and the
pedal wasn't
improving. So, I figured I had a leak in the system somewhere. After
investigation, it
appears that when I pump the brake pedal some, I get brake fluid (DOT 5)
coming up
out of the PDWA switch though the *top* of the nylon switch, around the
warning light
wire. Anyone (everyone) ever had this problem before? TRF wants $58.91 for
that little
nylon switch and, if there's a way to fix it without replacing it, I'd sure
like to know....

Thanks in advance, for any BTDT advice offered.

Dave
'74 Six