[6pack] Access port on transmission tunnel cover - Recommendations?

Bruce Simms brucesimms2003 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 5 15:34:31 MDT 2011

Okay, replacing old dash with sharp looking burl venner one.   While I'm in
there....replace and lube
speeo cable, tach cable, oil presuure line and all
the bulbs.   What else?
Outer casing on sppedo cable torn, so out she
comes.   Maybe speedo will be
steadier.
Everything apart,   so far so good
except for undoing sppedo cable at OD
adapter.   Can't get enough on it to
unscrew it.  Not enough room.
The shop manual section for this job says to
remove right side tunnel carpet and
take off access cover, great except that
my 73 is an A type OD conversion, so no
got one.
The plastc tunnel cover from
the RF didn't have that option when I bought it.

So, looks like I need to cut
one out.   Drill a hole and cut out acess panel
with a sawzall.   Shouldn't
take long.     Roger William's book "How to Restore
TR6"   has a picture of
one on pg 106.   I guess I'll follow that unless folks
have other
recommendations or measurements I could follow.   Guess I'll cover
the hole
with sheet metal and self tapping screws.

Thank you,

Bruce Simms