[6pack] Oil pan pin hole

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 7 05:48:52 MST 2011

On Sunday, February 06, 2011 09:11:51 pm John Johnson wrote:
> Besides replacing the pan itself, any recommendations for repairing a pin
> hole in an engine oil pan? Epoxy, braze, weld or maybe JB weld. Anyone
> successfully deal with this?
>
>                                John

John,

First question is how did a pin hole get in the oil pan?

I would clean it off and have it brazed with a spot of brass.

The heat of the torch will  burn away any oil in the metal and insure a solid
fix as long as the hole is very small. And you really can control the heat
with a torch.

Best to have the pan off the engine for this fix.

Not sure JB weld would work unless the surface was very clean.

Bob