[6pack] LED lamp conversions

Philip Barnes pebarnes71 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 17:06:21 MDT 2010

Good morning,
Could someone please give me the number for the bulbs used in the stop and
directional signals used in the rear of a TR6?
I'm working in Taiwan and have discovered that the auto part stores sell LED
conversions for common SAE lamps, such as #1156 and #1157. I can't recall
off the top of my head what lamps are used in the TR6. The conversions are
studded with LED chips covering the end and the periphery of the lamp, so
they are not very directional, a complaint I've heard about some
conversions. The price for them seems reasonable, so I thought I'd bring a
set home and try them.

Many thanks,
--Phil Barnes, CC61193L since 1977