[6pack] "pull engine?" not!

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Tue Oct 26 16:51:11 MDT 2010

On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 06:23:48 pm otral at juno.com wrote:
> My worst fears evaporated when I removed the valve cover to discover my
> rocker arm assembly shaft had snapped over #1 cylinder.  I just happen to
> have a spare parts motor with rocker arm assembly already off the head and
> ready to be fitted on.  These great moments in life seldom happen to me!
>
> Al Graffam - 74 French Blue  CT.

Al,

I have never heard of this problem. What caused the shaft to shap? Something
does not sound right here. Are you getting good oil flow to the shaft?

Make sure when you install the replacement to make sure you oil it up first
and after setting the tappets to run the engine with the valve cover off to
insure you are getting oil to the entire shaft.

Bob